Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So much in such a short amount of time!

Oh, I don't even know where to begin. I have so much to say today. I will have to use subcategories and try to summarize the best that I can!!!

Another silly shower gift:
Today's contestant is my mom. For my Silly shower, she got us the Fisher Price 'Little People' wedding set. It comes w/ three connecting backdrop pieces, bride, groom, cat, dog, a set dinner table w/ wedding cake, and four chairs! How fun! Maysun whipped out her other sets and is having lots of fun playing 'little people'!!!

Sharon's Party:
One of my super fantastic friends since kindergarten, Sharon (Stowe) Cook, was ordained this weekend! I am so proud of her! What an awesome accomplishment! So her parents had a little get together for her on Saturday. Kurt, Maysun and I snuck over there before the shower. It was so great to see her and her family. I wish we could have stayed longer.

My bridal shower:
Saturday was my bridal shower. It was held at my Church in their fellowship hall. (huge room!!!) It connects to the kitchen, so it's perfect for this type of occasion. We had a build your own taco buffet (which rocks by the way!!! what a refreshing summer meal!), fruit and veggie salads, and a veggie tray. There were mini taco dip platters at each table, along w/ chips, salsa and cheese & salsa dip. We had a yummy cake from festival too!!! (my favorite)
We played some really fun games... 'how well do you know the couple' trivia, the purse game, the price is right, and bridal bingo! What a hoot!
The kids really behaved very well! I think it was because we had so much room that they could run and play and we didn't get too distracted by them!
I received some really neat gifts too. To many to list right now. (maybe i'll post that later)
It was great to get to spend some time with my friends and family. We had people even come in from way out of town! (Minneapolis, Racine, Milwaukee, Chicago and NEW JERSEY!!!) How neat it was that they were able to make the trip and come celebrate with us. I tried my hardest to make it around to all of the tables and visit with everyone. by the time I got to the last table, it was time for me to open gifts. So I felt kind of bad about that. But I was able to talk to everyone at some point or another.
My bridesmaids sure did such a great job planning and pulling off this shower! Everything was perfect. So an extra super special thank you to the girls!!! (Angie, Amy, Sarah, Krista & last but not least, Tiffany!)

Cook out:
Saturday night, we all went over to Amy & Scott's house and had a cook out. We figured we'd continue the celebration w/ my aunts being in town! So we had brats and burgers and all the cook out fixings! I gave my dad his chocolate drop cookies, which I hope he shared with his sisters. (I got the bowl back this morning, so I'm guessing that he liked them!) It was nice to be able to spend some more time with my aunts. It was low key and relaxing. Just the kind of night I needed!!!

Prepare-enrich:
Well, we got our 'test results' in! (remember a few weeks ago, Kurt and I went to church and had our little scan-tron compatibility test?) OK, so we met again yesterday afternoon with Pastor Holte. And he starts telling us about the four tiers of compatibility and how this test maps out our strength areas and our growth areas. The first tier is 'conflicted'- basically couples who have a lot of conflict. The second tier is 'traditional'- most couples fall into this category...you've got your ups and your downs, but for the most pretty level. The third tier is 'harmonious'- couples who get along good, but still have their issues. And the fourth tier is 'vitalized'- couples who are very in tune with each other and have very few issues.
Can you guess which one Kurt and i fell into??? I'll let you think a few seconds............................
Yup!!! We are "VITALIZED"!!!!!!! When pastor Holte told us this, we both started laughing. And then had to ask if he was serious. He said that he doesn't get the privilege of telling many couples that they scored so highly. The few things that he did go over with us as our 'potential growth areas' was everything we already knew he was going to say. We already know what we need to work on. So that's it. We don't have to go back unless we want to. We are still in disbelief. I cannot believe that we had these results. What a shock, yet confirmation. Strange how that stuff works.

The Boop:
Boozer weighs 28.5 lbs.

No comments: