Friday, April 11, 2008

Boozer says I'm a mean mommy!


(For those of you that don't know, I keep a running commentary for my dog...since she can't talk, I say what I think she's thinking. Oh yeah, and I'm crazy!)

Boozer has a crush on the neighbor boy. He's a 11 year old black lab named Jake.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, Boozer was trying to entice me into a game of 'push the doggie'. (This is were she stands on the bed and we push her backwards and she lunges back at us and we push her again....she's a very simple dog!) Anyway, I opened up the curtains and she struck her usual pose at the end of the bed. Which is staring intently at the neighbor's backdoor waiting for them to open it, then she gets really excited. So, they let Jake out within minutes. She jumps off of the bed and puts her paws up on the window sill and starts whining non-stop for like five minutes.

I say, "No Boozer, you're not going out to play with Jake right now." And I walk into the bathroom to put lotion on my hands. She follows me, heads strait for the window, moves the curtains with her little nose, sees Jake and starts wiggling her little butt! All the while, she's whining!

I say, "No Boozer, you're not going out to play with Jake right now, I have to leave for work." She dips her head down and slowly turns her head over her shoulder and looks at me with those puppy eyes. I repeat myself once more. She lets out a sigh, walks over to me and trys to climb into my lap. She was sooo disappointed.

The teacher in our obedience class (which she passed, by the way!!! Then again so did all the other dogs, so that doesn't mean crap.) said that dogs don't understand you when you talk to them, they only understand basic commands that we teach them. I think she's wrong. Boozer totally gets me.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm crazy?

1 comment:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

I totally agree with you. Dogs DO know what we're saying, they are smart and they know more than just simple commands. CUTE STORY ABOUT BOOZER'S LOVE INTEREST :)