Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BRIDAL... SHOWERS GALORE!!!!!!! (exciting and not so exciting :)

I love weddings!!!
Getting married is all kinds of exciting to me for many different reasons. Not only am I excited to solidify my family and relationship to the man I love in front of god, friends and family. Not only am I excited to start the next chapter in our lives; selling and buying a new house, adding to our family, etc... Not only am I excited because am loving planning this wedding; picking out flowers, making invites, creating funky ideas for table favors, making strange titles for my nephews for in the programs at the church (Eli Randall, Katie's nephew... official wedding supervisor), punching out orange velum leaves to mix into the rocks at the bottom of the centerpieces. I think I'm good at planning my wedding :) !!! Not only am I excited to get all glam'd up and to see all of my wedding party and family dressed up all so very nicely.

BRIDAL SHOWER:
I am also super excited for my showers. I love wedding showers!!! My BRIDAL SHOWER that is being thrown by my bridesmaids is June 7th at my church. I cannot wait to see the resaults of all of their hard work.

SILLY SHOWER:
My cousin Clarissa has thrown me a SILLY SHOWER. (Clarissa is married to my cousin Mark who is the son of my Aunt Liz, my dad's sister) She sent invites to family members on my dads side, to send me a creative gift and fun gift. Clarissa threw me this shower because she's awesome and wanted to do something for me because she lives so far away. (They live in Salt Lake City.)
So... so far I have received the following; a silver and rhinestone dog collar for Boozer to wear the day of the wedding, from my Aunt Carolyn. The game of LIFE, doggie toys for Booper, and 3D sidewalk chalk, from my sister Amy. What fun I am having getting all sorts of fun stuff in the mail. I cannot wait to see what other creative things my family comes up with. I'll update my blog as I receive more.

OTHER SHOWERS:
There have been two. These are the two that are not so fun. The first one was given to me by my kitchen this past Sunday evening. Little did I know, the pitch was wrong in the pipes under the sink and things weren't draining properly. So, I go to turn on my garbage disposal. And what do you think would come out the other side??? If you're thinking nothing, you're sadly mistaken. That's right...I had saurkraut shooting up about two feet into the air. Landing on me. Good times! ('yuck' isn't even close to discribing this situation)

The second not so fantastic shower was given to me this morning by my babysitters puppy, Butterscotch. That's right... she peed on my foot as I'm walking out the door to work. Thanks Butterscotch! Thank the lord I was wearing flipflops and had my work shoes in the van.

So, that's the update on me for today... being showered with all sorts of goodies :)

2 comments:

Roxanne Schwandt said...

NICE! REAL NICE!! The last two 'showers' aside, you have the same enthusiasm as I did planning my wedding. It was the greatest. It is YOUR day and you get to pick out everything how YOU want it! Congrats on a great job so far :)

Katie Rosenthal-Mayer said...

I know, I HATE sauerkraut! ick!

I am loving planning this wedding. I don't know how people can freak out over this stuff. They aren't as awesome as us I guess :)